Lodge Activities

Our pool comes with a view of the Semliki Wildlife Reserve in the plains below, and under ‘normal’ circumstances, we have the sky and clouds above the lodge. But on some days, the lodge and the swimming pool appear to reside above the clouds. We believe the entire concept of the ‘infinity pool’ requires to be redefined. Apart from the swimming pool, we also have a Bali swing and a tree viewpoint, offering amazing ‘Selfie’ opportunities.

Semuliki National Park

Semuliki National Park is one of the oldest protected areas in Uganda and is home to an amazing variety of flora and fauna. The reserve is situated below the Rwenzori
Mountains and in the basin of the Great Rift Valley. The park is one of the most diverse habitats in Africa, with wonderful examples of riparian forests and Borassus palm
forests intersected with short and high grass savannahs. Chimps exist next to rare forest elephants, lions, buffalos, and a variety of other species typically found only in western Uganda.

Semuliki National Park is mostly a lowland tropical forest and is the second smallest of the country’s national parks, covering just 220 square kilometers. Its location next to the Rwenzori Mountains and bordering the DRC also makes it one of the more remote areas to visit. It was declared a National Park only in 1993 and is situated next to the original Semuliki Wildlife Reserve, which was first gazetted in 1932 as the Toro Game Reserve and features more of a savannah-type habitat.

Semuliki NP offers the visitor a rich and diverse flora and fauna, with over 400 bird and 300 butterfly species recorded. As a lowland tropical forest, the park is also known
for its population of forest elephants and buffalos; both species are distinctly smaller than their Savannah-based relatives. The park also features two geothermal springs in a hot, mineral-encrusted swamp. One of the springs – Mumbuga – resembles a geyser with a 0.5-meter high fountain. Contact our reservations team for half-day / full-day tours to the Semliki National Park or other natural attractions in this area.

Kibale National Park

The Kibale NP was first gazetted in 1932 and established as a national park in 1993. The Kibale forest is situated in the southwest of Uganda, covers 766 square kilometers of tropical forest, and is well known for the opportunity to track chimpanzees in their natural habitat. The 77% forested section of the park is dominated by medium altitude evergreen forest in the north and medium altitude semi-deciduous forest at lower altitudes in the south. The remaining 23% of the parkland consists of savannah and swamps.

With more than 1,400 partly habituated chimpanzees, Kibale NP has one of the highest concentrations of primates in Africa. The park features a renowned program for
tracking habituated chimpanzee troops, and other primates encountered during the guided tours include grey-cheeked mangabey, Guereza colobus, red-tailed, and L’Hoest’s monkey. There is also the chance of observing the rare forest elephants, bush pigs, and buffalo along the main trails. A visit to the community-based Bigodi Wetlands Sanctuary is also highly recommended as it features 8 primate species, over 200 bird species, and countless varieties of tropical plant life.

Contact our reservations team for half-day / full-day tours to the Kibale National Park or other natural attractions in this area.